Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BRINGING HOME THE BACON...UH..BIRKIN?

I didn't think I'd have such a DIVINE time with the item about Globe Asiatique (with a froglais Q-U-E no less) until the staff at www.donavictorina.blogspot.com quoted her Cosmopolitan Philippines interview. There's more where that came from:
Cosmo: Where did you get your business savvy?
(this is really good....)
Divine Lee:
I started working when I was really young...I was too shy to ask for money...I liked a lot of things...I was so shy to ask for money from my dad because I knew he worked so hard.
(It REALLY is hard to steal 150 million USD from poor people. I can't imagine doing such a difficult job myself)
So I decided to make a little money on the side so I could buy the things that I want. It just started from there.
( You mean the embezzling?)

Cosmo: You're really close to your father (Delfin Lee of Global Asiatique) (there goes that unchic spelling again!) What are the most important lessons you've learned from him?

Divine Lee: Well, number one is we're all here for a reason. And the reason I think, for me and what I do is I'm here to improve the lives of people.....
(Ya think? So they now have to work harder to get their money back?)
So at least I'm giving them livelihood, I'm giving them something they can feed their family (sic)....(you mean bullshit?)
(Can you still say that now? The only feeding that's gonna happen is the feeding of evidence at court is all I can say!)

....That's my main focus now, education.
(Where do I sign up for the Lee, Madoff and Starr Advanced Business Accounting Method?)

Cosmo: What makes you fun and what makes you fearless?
Divine Lee:.....But one thing with me is I always have this positivity. I don't take myself too seriously. I laugh at myself.
(The only laughing you're going to be doing is all the way to the bank. If not you'll need all the sense of humor you can get in jail)
As for fearless, I'm not afraid to try new things. I believe I'll never know if I don't try.
(Such as new accounting methods?)

COSMO: What do you think is your greatest achievement so far?
(I think we really don't want to get into that this week)

Don't worry, kids, The Lees are not the first to give glowing interviews while sweeping cash under the ABC (123) carpet. Think: Conrad Black, Bernie Madoff, Ken Starr....One HK private equity head supposedly siphoned off about (maybe over) USD 100 million,too! But that was over 10 years. He does the major charity, business and society circuits then moves his family to London, works as director of an old folks home in Cheshire and gives an interview to the Guardian where he says, (I paraphrase and hold on to your Zimmer frames...) "The most important thing about leadership is transparency..."

These people are smart. Like I always say, "Make sure you steal enough so you wouldn't need any friends."

At USD 100 million, who needs friends?

Up next, someone not so Divine but also with all the qualities of a thief.

No comments: