Monday, January 26, 2009

OUT OF BLOGOSPHERE TILL 13 FEBRUARY

Obviously, it is that time of the year when I have to go skiing and the worst part is not putting on enough gear to topple over or getting up early (bad enough) but having to DO HOUSEWORK!!! It's the worst!! (and I can't criticize the French government enough for making it so hard for me to bring my helper!!----I don't even want to get into it or else it will just be---excuse my French!---)

HAPPY CHEKUA NEW YEAR pala to all the gheys I've loved before.....
Don't you just lurve how unpretentious the cheks are about their New Year? No one wishes you peace, remembers the birth of Christ and the spirit of love and giving (although the giving of lai see or red envelopes is enough to bankrupt Sri Langka) but simply 'health and wealth in the year of the Ox'----Isn't that all we need in life?
LOVE -- SO overexposed it makes Paris and Britney look media shy
WORLD PEACE-- Who fuckin' cares. The world can burn as long as I can stay home, horizontale with a pile of books and magazines. I don't even need a TV or iPod dock because I can't operate them.
CHRIST--Jesus H. Christ---talk about media power. He had the best PR man in St. Peter. Look at how long Christianity has been going on. I bet ....Peggy Siegal, Max Clifford and (if you want to be small time about it) Manila's \Boy Abunda....only wish they could do half as good.


Talking about reading....since I know many of you don't! I highly recommend 'Can You Ever Forgive Me? Memoirs of a Literary Forger' by Lee Israel. It's short (good for gen-Internet), witty, precise and simply perfect. I wish I could write like her.
It is a story of someone who never lost in her life and had to struggle to survive late in life. It is about someone who always had talent , was always brilliant, never ever got a rejection letter until her career took a downturn.
What did she do to pay the rent, buy booze and cigarettes? She forged and sold to reputable dealers, the most beautiful 'letters from Dorothy Parker, Noel Coward, Louise Brooks and Lillian Hellman.'
ALL FAKE!!!
This is not a case of plagiarizing for the school paper nor is it a Jason Blair incident. It is a story of what happens when a famous and respectable author fails in her career.
It can happen to you. It can happen to me. It can happen to the Gucci Gang (if not already--hahaha!!).
I urge you to read all 129 pages of it...You can read it in the bath!! (Well, no--maybe on the plane to Cebu)
It's a story that takes you from the height of someone's career to desperation to survive in New York City, one of the toughest, if not the toughest town in the world.
Just as you think she is at her lowest point, things get worse.
Just like the way the world is today. Un-be-fuckin'-lievable!!!



6 comments:

wackolyte said...

Kung Hei Fat Choi Kitty Go!

-kitt

dementia said...

Uy! I want to read that

Oriellini said...

Happy Chekua New Year Kitty darling!!!I try to check the book at Powerbooks or Fullybook../they stocked hard to find books here in the Philppines.I wish all the best in Aspen?Switzerland?Megeve it is.Wherever you go skiing just take care.

Novelista said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you too. I learned to say that in Cantonese and Mandarin this week from the students, so funny! I miss eating tikoy, hahaha! The book looks interesting, will check it out at the library (am too cheap to buy a book). Oh, have fun skiing! Hope you packed enough sunscreen.

fuchsiaboy said...

happy chekwa new year ms. kitty from the land of amok, crispy spiders and beef loklak! :)

deejay said...

hi! i linked to your blog, hope you don't mind.

i like your brand of nasty-funny. a guilty pleasure, i should say.

more of that is needed in the world, don't you agree? take care now! and keep the chuckles (and snickers) coming. ;)