Thursday, December 18, 2008

What I picked up in my travels

Isn't this the best compact ever invented? I picked it up at Heathrow T5. It's a pressed powder compact with a section underneath for blotting papers. Not that I will need it this winter but what a great invention!

I hardly ever buy Vanity Fair because it is usually full of movie star profiles and photos, the Music Issue, the Hollywood Issue, etc..plus a lot of their material comes from the British press but written for readers of People magazine.

However, I picked up the January 2009 issue with Tina Fey on the cover because I saw there was a story on Yves Saint Laurent's art and furnishings collection and one on William F Buckley and his wife Pat.
(The Wall Street, Plaza fiasco and 'Christopher Rockefeller' stories are good reads, too!)

I wish I could live a life of love as strong, splendid and fabulous as these two well-loved and animated couples. (I know what you are thinking: Duke and Duchess of Windsor---that was just a case of a closet gay married to a gold digger who looked like a man but dressed well and died unhappy. He missed her so much he couldn't wait for her to get back from the hairdresser..WHELL! My husband also can't wait for me to get back from the hairdresser because....he wants to watch The Wire!!)


William F. Buckley and his wife Pat were powerhouses of the Republican party and close friends of Ronald and Nancy Reagan, yet another couple with a great love story. In fact, they were so right of right you couldn't go wrong with the company they kept....Pat was known to say that she wished Iraq was flattened into a parking lot. The couple enjoyed each other's company so much that when Pat died in 2007, Bill followed in less than a year.


Pierre Berge is selling (through Christie's) most of the important pieces of a collection he put together with his partner ---of what, over 40 years?--Yves Saint Laurent. It is expected to bring in $400 million, illustrating their art choices have outperformed the stock market. But that is not the point. They have always bought what they loved. Proof that it was more about love than investment: Berge is keeping the 'smelly bird', the first piece they bought together, the Yves and Moujik (Saint Laurent's dog) Warhols and the original artwork of the YSL logo. 'I decided to sell everything because the collection doesn't exist if he (Yves) does not exist....'
Now that's love....
How do I love thee, let me count the ways and the dollars.....
Talking about love in the time of cholera...ay este..suicide pala...
The Patola Vine reports from ER--(well, not quite on Dr. House's team----Makati Med lang....): (I'm telling you, this patola vine is relentless. Can you imagine posing as a gay intern in an elf costume?)
Supposedly, (now former) boyfriend (H----- K-- clue:first name German classical music composer) of reigning Walastik na Plastik surgeon VB (not Victoria Beckam but she's platicized, too) has checked into hospital due to a suicide attempt. Supposedly boy-toy fooled around with a girl-toy (no, not a plastic blow-up doll, he was already fuckin' one made of plastic, remember?) and freeze-frame faced VB froze him out.
I'm not kidding, man. I'm tellin' ya with a straight face. From too much Botox.


7 comments:

Twilight Zone said...

aww i wish i could have one too but its just a waste for me since im only allowed to use one brand, Clinic, dun lang kasi ako walang allergy, tsk ayaw talaga ako pagandahin at magmukha namang celeb paminsan minsan hahaha

Oriellini said...

The compact is fabulous...but for a fag like me with so much going on with my face everytime i used one..hanggang tingin na lang ako.HK AND vb...sounds like a foul play!

wastedwonderland said...

Can you imagine posing as a gay intern in an elf costume?

HAHAHA. This made my day!

collinfongjr said...

Kawawang Nilalang. My goodness She fell in love Happens o be younger that her. This HK happens to be as age as her son. Well only 6 months older than her son. Anyway she better go to National hospital for mental health for her psychiatric problems especially in LOVE

collinfongjr said...

Its better na Akin nalang si H____ K__ no at least im only older that him maybe 4 years. That will be great for a relationship rahter that having a relationship as old as your mother

Cha said...

everyone knew the relationship wouldn't last, but as humans we defy the norm. it was a great run but it ended up as this.

anyhoo, you went to London and didn't tell me? when are you coming back? thanks!

Charlene

jade worldwide said...

oh,well...as everyone had commented, not really surprised with the break-up...suicide attempt ??? how serious was the attempt? maybe it's just to get VB's attention kasi naman malaki ang mawawala...