Sunday, September 28, 2008

WHO DYA THINK REALLY SAVED THE WORLD?

DA ROCKER FROM IRELAND WHO TOURS THE WORLD RAISING MONEY FOR AFRICA AND HAS MET ALMOST EVERY WORLD LEADER?
He also advised hick and rifle-toting Republican vice-presidential nominee on travel and foreign policy since she has only been abroad for the first time, to two countries in the last year: Eye-Raq and the Kuwaiti border. And no, I don't think she passed by Duty Free or Villa Moda.
Unfortunately his plans for Africa never came REMOTELY close to the thriving businesses developed by China with African locals. "MATE! Doncha know that you don't give a man fish but teach him how to fish (ask Sarah Palin about bear hunting) . Bribing government officials along the way helps, too.
THE SAGE OF OMAHA WHO COUGHED UP 5 BILLION TO SAVE GOLDMAN SACHS?
and still had the appetite for that sundae!
Wasn't an act of altruism but who cares because the markets went up...well, slightly.


So my question is: Would you rather have money or fame?
(Raissa Molina --RM-MR of the Star (it rhymes!)--- would never think of such an intelligent question)
I know my answer: MONEY

Because Ari Gold, as much as I wish he was my agent, would only be able to do 'this much' to get you your next gig. AND a table at the Ivy.



















5 comments:

ulcerboy said...

Hi. This isn’t related to your article, but your favorite newspaper deadweights have done it again. I was reading The Phil. Star Saturday and saw this article in the lifestyle section:
http://philstar.com/index.php?Modern%20Living&p=49&type=2&sec=46&aid=2008092668

It’s a review of the band Metallica’s new album. I find it peculiar that an earlier Rolling Stone article has almost the same words:
http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/22723926/review/22787142/death_magnetic

Novelista said...

I heart Ari Gold. I wish he were a real agent. They say that he was modeled after Ari Fleischer, who I saw (but didn't meet--sigh) at a congressional event many moons ago. He looked like a force of nature.

New York magazine has some interesting articles on Lehman, Goldman, et al. Check it out here:
http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/50272/index.html

Also, read how a former trader is coping with his job loss: http://nymag.com/news/businessfinance/50523/index.html

And I thought the Asian financial crisis of 1997 was bad. I was at a dinner party last weekend and a lawyer told me that the "Asian flu ain't nothing compared to the U.S. flu. This is just the beginning."

Argh. Did I tell you that my 401K lost 20% of its value? I'm better off putting the money underneath my bed.

Oriellini said...

Well,ulcerboy...it's PLAGIARISM to the highest level!!!Masanay ka na sa STAR.

lurve ARI GOLD!!!I want a manager like him.

goodgirl said...

on ulcerboy's comment:

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak

sacrilegious to the max.

or in tgalog

kadiri. - tgalog synonym of grabeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

how do those people sleep at night???????????????????????

fairygoddess said...

call me shallow but here's my take:

they say knowledge is power, i prefer money, fame or money? i still prefer money. love or money? guess what, i still prefer money...as my dear grandfather would always say: you can learn how to love, you can forget love...it is a cycle. i married for money but i learn to love my husband so much that i am happy to stick with him with or without money.