Friday, September 12, 2008

WE'VE BEEN HAD!! (well, sort of)


James Harding is the editor of The (London) Times who has written this book on the American political PR company Sawyer Miller. This company has been the driving force behind international elections and the image making/smearing, crisis and control PR of Shimon Peres in Israel, Kim Dae-Jung in South Korea, Lech Wales in Poland AND the Philippines very own CORAZON AQUINO. Big time!
One of the issues of "The Week" wrote:
The firm sought fledgling democracies where they could teach candidates their tricks of the electoral trade. THEIR GREATEST TRIUMPH CAME IN THE PHILIPPINES, WHERE THEY HELPED CORY AQUINO UNSEAT THE MARCOS REGIME IN 1986. TACTICS INCLUDED ADVISING AQUINO TO WEAR YELLOW SO THAT CROWDS COULD SHOW THEIR SUPPORT BY WEARING THE SAME COLOUR, AND PRE-EMPTING MARCOS' ATTEMPT TO RIG THE VOTE BY TAKING A CRUDE EXIT POLL AND DECLARING VICTORY."
Howzzat boys and girls and gheys? Don't you just feel tricked by the 'woman you love?", the same selfless widowed heroine who ALLEGEDLY was praying under her bed? Maybe Sawyer Miller wasn't returning her calls fast enough that day.
In fairness, we all know Marcos would have cheated in that election anyway. It's 'would have' because now we know there was a 'crude exit poll' which could have been right to begin with.
The fashionista in me nevah wears a color that doesn't suit me so I was never part of the yellow-wearing brigade which was also the same color of street sweepers during Marcos' regime. Ailing brands like Dooney and Burke and Etienne Aigner should hire these people to wean the public off their tarnished images. Rallies are also not my thing because I hate being in the heat.
That's it for me and politics. I leave the rest to Donia Victorina and Gorrell.
On a more exciting note, shall we play the Baby Momma game before the weekend?
Aren't you guy DYING to know who the Baby Daddy is?
WHELLL----I can only speculate but..... Guessing game lang ito, ha?? MAAYYY-BEEE, bay-beee. Oh like the film "Maybe Baby."
Give me a B-N-O but it's not Bang and Olufsen.
He is a sugar daddy who really made his money in sugar and not Equal (that, and being a Marcos crony) . Yes, Milly, some sugar daddys can really be naturally sweet!
And finally, he could be a Benedictine but judging from the existence of a child, potentially not a monk! Oh--I take that back because in the Spanish Times friars did father children.
As Dr. Jose Rizal said, "Adios mi patria amor!"
As our friends of the late Chikatime would say, "Yan Lang Pow!"
Have a spectacular weekend, step out in your best Plains and Prints or Folded and Hung and don't choke on the Andok's.

16 comments:

goodgirl said...

wowowee! i'll buy dat book.

& ur life story too if its in a book - maybe.

zipppo said...

I didn't vote for her and I never went to ANY of the E.D.S.A. farces.

I can believe James Harding.

I really thought it weird that she claimed victory based solely on the NAMFREL tally when the NAMFREL tally was incomplete as it never posted the complete returns for Region 2 (the Eastern Ilocos Region) which undoubtedly went to Da Apo.

Everybody can see the "completed" NAMFREL tally. The huge blackboard is now "enshrined" at the Fr. Francisco Martinez covered area at my high school alma mater (La Salle Greenhills). The figures only presented something like 30+% of Region 2 whilst all the other regions were completed.

On the Big Momma incident. Oh my gulay. This really is a bombshell. Well, disowning a child shows she really has bad taste. Before this, I thought her taste was merely, how shall I put it.... "kitsch-y" (pun purposely intended).

jade worldwide said...

that era completely made me avoid the color yellow like a plague in the years to come. To date I only have 2 things in yellow in my wardrobe, one of them a 5 euro down jacket from H&M (and I wondered if they used chinese prison labour to produce it)- hey , winter can be harsh where I am - but perhaps the colour is the reason why it was retailing so cheaply.

oh, well what else is new? the americans have always had a hand in Philippine politics anyway. It's just a rigodon of people in power - not people power.

Cha said...

the baby momma ish is the bomb!
it will definitely shut her up!
can't say yes or deny then... hmmmm...
mighty interesting... but i know who ur talking about =)

d bombshell may not be the bomb to most- but it certainly hit the target- and the's the objective divah?!

proud to be Team Kitty!

Charlene Chua

Brian Brotarlo said...

I've known many women like Cory in my life. Mahinhin doesn't mean innocent, I'll tell you that.

Oriellini said...

I used to wear yellow twice or three times last year.My nautica shirt and Agnes B. tee...and tossed it after i saw Cory wears the same thing on that fateful day in 1986(note:i saw her pictures on my cousins history book).It was awful.The world give in to her and put her on the cover of Times.Kris Aquino should be on times square also...in Binondo!


The Book......i can't wait for "the it book of the decade"

dimsumqueen said...

I am not surprised that momma has a kid with that guy, that same guy fathered a son with someone i know, the son was born in Feb 1986 and was named "Revolt". The mom was paid half a million pesos to keep quiet and to vanish from the face of the earth. The mom of that boy is my cousin-in-law now.

Cha said...

iba na ang dreamer- or in this case-Ambisyosa! hahahah!
how could people be so heartless

by: Genkuro said...

Despicable as baby Momma may be now, I will still tip my hat to her for not aborting the hidden (or disowned ba?)child.

She should be commended for at least that one act.... or not.... Ano ba talaga? I'm getting confused.

Haaaaiz... WeeBee Miss Kitty!

ulcerboy said...

If you consider how much damage Her Yellow Holiness did to the country during her term: terrorist groups like the NPA gaining strength, the energy sector was virtually ignored, Kamag-anak Incorporated, whole industries wiped out, personal vendettas, the dubious foreign loans and aids, who do you think did more damage- her predecessor or her?

Verushka said...

That James Harding book is worth waiting for...wow,talking about pulling the rug from underneath you

sunny said...

To add to what ulcerboy has mentioned, remember all the natural major disasters the country experienced during her term - the Ormoc flood, the 1989 earthquake, the Pinatubo eruption - she was a magnet to disasters, all because of her negative thoughts and bitterness.

She was such a magnet to catastrophe during her term.

And why did her cabinet secretary commit suicide? Was it because he was disappointed with her?

sunny said...

I also do wish that the government remove the Ninoy Aquino day since we have too many holidays already . And besides, I don't think this should be a national holiday. Not everyone likes/liked Ninoy anyway nor the Yellow team for that matter.

Mondays with Intelligent Life said...

sunny, i agree w/ you completely!!!!!! my, you're mykinda guy/gal whatever!

Yvonne said...

On the Baby Momma story: Is the father RSB??? As in Roberto S. Benedicto?

sankyu said...

awww asucarera de fah fah di kaya ilonggo ung fahfah ni beybi mahmah