Monday, July 21, 2008

Look at the electrocuted Catwoman-looking Frenchwoman wondering why I am wearing such a big hat in the shade---so I don't end up looking like a battered Birkin like Bridget Bardot.


WHY DO I SUPPORT GORRELL?
Let me count the ways......
But first, let me tell you followers of fashion that I support a person or a cause the same way I support a fashion label----early and unfailingly...Well, until I see it on enough of the WRONG PEOPLE and at Duty Free, on Mariah Carey/Pinoy celebrity or every mall in the world...I can't bring myself to wear my leopard Giuseppe Zanottis since seeing it in Yes! --(Imitation of ) Christ Almighty!!!
As readers of my books will know, there are two types of people in this world: us and them. And within the two groups there are two more types: leaders and followers. (Well, them-s are nothing but social climbers anyway so I would classify them all as followers)
I would like to think of myself as a leader but unfortunately until now, my many followers have had to read my books in the bathroom or basement for fear of being seen by 'a friend of a friend of a big person', Corina Caballero, Alicia Santos-Daniels or all of the above and then some.
Hopefully not this time!
Before starting this blog, I was probably the only person ABS-CBN could find who openly backed Gorrell's blog even if we have never met in person. It also helped that they were in HK covering the boring presidential visit and needed comedy relief.
I feel the same way now as I did at the start--- and even when people were telling me 'Gorrell's blog is dead,' 'No one is reading it,' ' He has no proof' ---that blog is HIS and HE CAN TAKE IT IN ANY DIRECTION.
It can turn bisexual for all I care!
If I am proven wrong later, so what? It's not like I didn't endure 3 years of society criticism and cowardice....what's another three?
And if you are in it in anyway good, bad or ugly, talagang 'sorry nalang' ....
Don't want anything written about you? STAY HOME!
Girls and Gheys--didn't you notice how WELL BEHAVED and POLITE people have been since Gorrell and Chikatime went online???
It's like a police state without the cameras!
Now if only retail and restaurant services improved.
Regardless of what would have happened, I agree with everything in Gorrell's blog except for one thing (see below):
1) I like the spirit of a victim who takes matters into his own hands whether by blackmail (as many have accused Gorrell of) or whistleblowing (the term I would like to use) because these days NO ONE WILL HELP YOU but YOURSELF!
certainly NOT the cops as Gorrell has so terrifyingly illustrated
2) Whether it is 70 pesos, 70,000 USD or 70 million pesos, being swindled is painful and whoever did that DESERVES comeuppance....If no one will help you (and usually not even your dog will care), see step 1.
3) What is 'a lot of money' is a subjective term that should be analyzed only by the World Bank and other large insitutions....(But look where it got us--oil at 150 USD(?) a barrel, gold at 900 USD (??) an ounce, real estate prices and stocks falling, consumer insolevency, etc)
My point is, regardless of the amount, life savings is life savings. It is NOT discretionary income like many critics would say 'ay--70,000 USD lang' or 'what's 3 million pesos?'
WHAT IS IT NGA???
To people who do not value a hard day's work, probably nothing. But to the rest of civilization, whether it is minimum wage or 100,000 USD a day, a day's work is in the same league of preciousness as a day of life....
(Well, there are people like me who think of killing themselves for one reason or another ---very likely over having nothing to wear---but that's another story)
4) What happened to Brian has very likely happened to someone you know or even to YOU!
OR MORE LIKELY, it could have been a close call for you....
unless of course you are someone who never makes mistakes because....you have NO MONEY to INVEST! hahaha!!!!
The 'almost' that could move you from comfortable to crippled with the blink of an eye, the flash of a Bloomberg reading, the press of a send button....The 'almost' that could have happened because of greed (remember the Singaporean pyramid scam??), poor judgement (remember the Singaporean pyramid scam?), the balance sheet that looked good until you DID NOT SEE the managing director (remember the singaporean pyramid scam?), the property values that were skyrocketing until....
It is the realization of how close anyone can be to the 'almost' that terrifies me most.
I guess the last few days here in Europe have shown me the 'almosts' that could have happened in a place aptly called 'Old Europe'--there is REALLY no ACTION in the old EU and US compared to Asia.
Like I always say, soon we will be charging entrance for people to look at our chalet because the entire Old Europe will become a museum unless they let the Russians in.
5) And finally, I support the blog because I CAN in the same way the blog is still alive because Brian can keep it that way.
For me, it is a privelege to be able to take sides and voice my opinion.
I am fully aware and understand that many do not have that luxury because of their jobs, who they work for or where they live such as places where there are archaic internet libel laws as in the Philippines where rubber stamping, 'carbon' copying and Lacoste have not gone out of fashion.
Oh yes--what I don't agree with...I think the Yoyo Tan vs people of HSBC is not an altogether altruistic action by YT for the cause of pouf-fery.
Rather---I THINK (and this is my own opinion) he was more likely OFFENDED/ashamed/insulted to be KNOWN as bakla than to be CALLED one .
GEDDIT?? Please say you do because I have to get on with book 3!!!
But comments good, bad and ugly are welcome.

32 comments:

Gina said...

I totally agree with you about Yoyo Tan- and besides it was just the measure of his self- importance to think the bading term was for him-for christ's sake- the caller didn't even know who he was calling- he had to double check the name 'sino na nga ang bading na ito?' I think the caller just calls everyone bading- I do!
Feeling important lang ang yoyo tan(ga) na yan. Darling- Yoyo- not everyone knows you - get real! What an ego!

MM said...

LACOSTE????? O NO u DI'int!!!!! HAHA

See, I actually have done what this HSBC operator did..when I "use" to work answering phone.....I called the (lets say delivery boi) to the room to gather this badings things..... BUT I forgot to drop the call with the bading on the phone and asked the "boi" to pick up badings things. The bading heard it and went to the desk, and furiously/politely ( as my manager described it as furious...I was told by my colleague as he came politely ) asked for me...thank LOLO for YOSI break otherwise .....The wrath of a scorned balls player would have rung my neck or C**K in front of the whole first world Manila to see!!!! And this was my first job EVAH!

I guess moral of the story is...AND I have lived and learned nevah to do it again is...to be careful when name calling, cuz you never know who is within ear-shot...(like that time I was a at greenebelt nung unang panahon...and I had the audacity to declare "WHO THE HELL WOULD WEAR KNITS in MANILAH heat????" infront of Lulu Tan-Gan's store..... and law and behold she was right beside me....whahahahahahahahhahaha)

But seriously, I got into serious trouble from my managers at that "phone gig", there were letters...and reprimands to me, even thought the bading never made an official complaint..they heard it form my other colleagues who made sumbong (SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT EAR SHOT????).... I admit I was wrong but really who HAS NOT NAMED CALLED? now I admit calling a bading a bading maybe wrong on the phone, and especially when you are not one...but if you are?????? then you just got called on it??? is that wrong??? is'nt that the concept of PRIDE?? Just my 2 cents... AGAIN I know I should have never said it in the first place...
and making sumbong is nothing to be proud of either PEOPLE!

My beef is, and will protect the operator on this is.....If Tim-ba was apologized to and the operator obliged...why put it on his blog to make a bigger deal out of it with a letter from the CEO?? Where is the dignity of this associate now???/ IN THE GUTTER??????

Why make a big deal and ask a CEO for his apology????? pulling rank is it????? This poor employee whom, I'm sure learned his lesson by apologizing in the first place, was lambasted by his supervisors, a public figure (ICK ICK) and NOW THE CEO of the company?????? PLUS Being put in the CYBER air... This poor dude did'nt stand a chance.....and I'm sure got a written documentation on his file with A CEO's apology...and he got suspended or worse fired from the company....

I just think it could have been dealt with more dignity and grace than carving a hole in the cyber world.....

Besides Timothy Yap as a name is as common as John Smith..... NOT EVERYONE KNOWS that name....now Yoyo Tan....... That is a name to remember!

mister erap said...

Honestly, I've never really heard about most of these socialites (GUCCI), or Gorrell and even Kitty until about last week of March this year. A friend (who is a local socialite herself in Tacloban City) mentioned the GUCCI Gang.

I started reading Gorrell's blog - then Kitty's (and saw her slowly transform from e-tard into e-xpert). The "pro" writing now compliments the "pro" layout!

From someone who started from scratch finding out about who and what these people are, I can safely say that Kitty and Gorrell definitely have more credibility than the "others".

As far as Yoyo Tan is concerned - Right On! I think Kitty is right on this one :-)

Cha said...

i agree with you Kitty!
OA naman si Yoyo Tan, why would he take offense if he isn't ghey?!
sbi nga, bato bato sa langit ang tamaan huwag magagalit. ang pikon ay laging talo. napikon si Yoyo kasi true!
he won't get the call in the 1st place if he pays his bills on time. bka naman may utang pa sya. hoy! magbayad ka Yoyo Tan! walang free sa mundo! feeling nya super sikat na sya. gosh! ur kidding!
un lang pow!
more power Kitty!

fried-neurons said...

@mm:

The thing is, if you're employed in the service industry like those phone operators, you should ALWAYS be strictly professional on the phone. You should NEVER, EVER refer to anyone using derogatory terms (or neutral terms that can be derogatory depending on context). It doesn't matter if the word you use is "bading", or "tibo", or "ita" or "pokpok" or "chekwa".

Always remember that you are representing your company and that you're never in a position to openly lambaste your customers.

As much as I think Yoyo Tan is a buffoon and a self-aggrandizing jerk, I also think he was completely in the right to complain about his encounter with the HSBC call center employee.

Oriellini said...

Very well said Kitty!!!Yoyo Tan should be locked inside a time bomb with the rest of the fashion wannabes in the (un)chic Manila society kuno and then dropped the bomb in the middle of Smokey Mountain where they all belong!!Aren't they all wear Mango,Lacoste and Zara?...ON SALE?

Teresa said...

he went totally beserk because "bading" doesn't sound SOSYAL at all. If the guy would have said "ano nga pala pala ang pangalan ng gay na GGng 'to?", he would just let it pass. now he thought "maybe if i make it public and the banko gets to read it may chance malibre ang 1 month bill ko". now that's clever!

purplePRINCEdiaries said...

if only chikatime still had lived up until today to see this happening, they would have a field day....

YUN NA!

Cha said...

miss Kitty,
Christina vergel is now in london w/a year's work permit. w/ the De Beers guy. she was asking for 3 but was denied. i haven't seen her though.

Neuroticana said...

omg, i swear i have a lot more important things to do than cyber-stalk blogs like yours and brian gorrels but its much much more interesting. only that it makes me want to cut my wrists open why i live in the philippines and exist in such a corrupt and crassy country (no thanks to the so called alta-sowshedad kuno). i agree with brian, or whoever wrote it, from which i quote, that theres just so much poverty to your left and ryt, rich people should do some social work instead of flaunting whatever shit they think they have. hay...so depressing talaga uy.

Cha said...

tama si fried-neurons kc you have to maintain professionalism in every work. in this case the call agent didn't pero yoyo tan made a big fuzz out of it na kelangan CEO of Asia pa ang mag apology. i dont think so. enough na ung agent and his boss do that. pero again he won't get the call kung wala xang utang. na offend kasi ghey! from Guggi Gang to Galunggong gang na nga. pero mahal narin ang fish na yan kc kinakain narin ng rich.
yun lang pow!
more power Kitty!

filipina42 said...

As usual, Ms. Kitty, you're right on! Uncannily accurate about Yoyo Tan and Brian Gorrell, of course.

Off-topic: I remember an article on (or by) you a few years back. It was the one where you said that you used to work backstage at Eat Bulaga. You claimed to admire the hosts for their literary choices. I may be mistaken, but this may also be the one where you first mentioned the photo shoot where the hostess didn't even offer food to your staff.

I'm feeling sentimental(!) and want to see the article again. Can you tell me where I can find it?

Thanks:)

maleficentisaposer said...

wouldnt be nice kung maki post na rin dito sa comment section yung mga writers ng chickatime...e di mala chickatime.com na rin ang dating di ba? i mean, you think galawin sila dito ng m ghel na yan?! hmmm

gp said...

Of course Yoyo had the right to complain. But to freakin' announce it to the whole world via his shi**y multiply site? Naku, naghahanap lang ng pogi, i mean, ganda points yan. He needs good PR to save his image. Not that it's gonna work...

Kaj said...

oooh, Miss Kitty, is that photo taken from Megeve? I love that place!

Kaj said...

Oh Ms Kitty, was that photo taken from Megeve?

sankyu said...

Very well said Kitty!!!Yoyo Tan should be locked inside a time bomb with the rest of the fashion wannabes in the (un)chic Manila society kuno and then dropped the bomb in the middle of Smokey Mountain where they all belong!!Aren't they all wear Mango,Lacoste and Zara?...ON SALE?
__________________________________

Orielline--- Tama ba naman ginagawa nila hindi naan sa pag mamalaki eh yung mga branda na yan pang ordinaryong mamamayan lang dito sa tokyo at singapore like mango at zara.... same price lang cya ng gap dito na konti lang kinamahal sa uniqlo...hmm tapos sa pinas parang dating nila big time na bwahahahaha.........lacoste also makakabila ka for 15,000 yen na shirt hewan ko mas mabuti pa mag black label na lang cya kasi madami naman cyang pera o kaya mag hermes na lang hermers bel hermes bag na worth 1,000,000 yen at least pag ginawa niya yun baka bumilib pa ako kay yoyo tan na yan hindi ba siya nag LV mura lang naman may 50K yen na LV wallet o kaya naman dunhill at bvlgari at iba pang brand pero Zara washoooooooo hindi naman sa minamaliit ko Zara maganda din quality nila pero kung cya gagamit na sinasabing party mekah hewan ko i also like Zara pero ordinaryong mamamayan lang akow.... kung ako member ng high society waw hanep ibang brand gagamitin kow

at tsaka ngetpadoodles ka yoyo tan ha..... di ka vakhlush pero na offend ka kasi alam nila tingel ka none ka lawit.... dios ko day heller as in the piano composer...wake up ka manay guid ka damo na guid nangakid sa imo......

=^-_-^= meow meow nice one Kitty the sanrio

Ramon Ald said...

Dear Kitty,

I regularly read your blog, but please PLEASE improve your font size. Fonts you use are either small or extra small! Not a pleasant format to read. Also please try to display a bigger page.

just my two cents.

bgds

Ramon

sunny said...

How about the sex preference of one of the Nivera twins? Is he also gay in denial?

Yoda said...

Oh my God!
Theres a CREPERIE in the background of Kitty`s picture, THAT did not escape my eye. Id kill for an order there.....it must be one of those original real FRENCH provincial crepes. Jonlu Koa goes to France to copy these things but sorry na lang. Ang layo ng French Baker ano. The crepes they sell in Manila malls are for those who havent been around and wouldnt know any better anyway.

The one in Intercon is still the best. Mango crepes. The one in Boracay is okay too, at D`Mall. Cafe Breton is nice.....I wonder how this one tastes.

Im hungry.....for crepes!

black said...

dear kitty,
please check out this site,
http://jojidingcong.blogspot.com

and it would help a lot if you can help me spread the word about this monster. thank you...

PS: you dont need to post this comment, I dont have your email so I didn't know how to reach you...

lawrencevon said...

the foto/ look is actually very samantha jones (that scene at the beach house deck). love the big hat.

Oriellini said...

Orielline--- Tama ba naman ginagawa nila hindi naan sa pag mamalaki eh yung mga branda na yan pang ordinaryong mamamayan lang dito sa tokyo at singapore like mango at zara.... same price lang cya ng gap dito na konti lang kinamahal sa uniqlo...hmm tapos sa pinas parang dating nila big time na bwahahahaha.........lacoste also makakabila ka for 15,000 yen na shirt hewan ko mas mabuti pa mag black label na lang cya kasi madami naman cyang pera o kaya mag hermes na lang hermers bel hermes bag na worth 1,000,000 yen at least pag ginawa niya yun baka bumilib pa ako kay yoyo tan na yan hindi ba siya nag LV mura lang naman may 50K yen na LV wallet o kaya naman dunhill at bvlgari at iba pang brand pero Zara washoooooooo hindi naman sa minamaliit ko Zara maganda din quality nila pero kung cya gagamit na sinasabing party mekah hewan ko i also like Zara pero ordinaryong mamamayan lang akow.... kung ako member ng high society waw hanep ibang brand gagamitin kow

at tsaka ngetpadoodles ka yoyo tan ha..... di ka vakhlush pero na offend ka kasi alam nila tingel ka none ka lawit.... dios ko day heller as in the piano composer...wake up ka manay guid ka damo na guid nangakid sa imo......

=^-_-^= meow meow nice one Kitty the sanrio
-----------------------------------

SANKYU---i've nothing against these brands...i wear ZARA and GAP when going to my ASKAL'S vet clinic and walking her at Luneta every Saturday.I love those brands becsause they're swak to my budget(minsan i scored a REAL branded clothing at UKAY IN BAGUIO and Evangelista...consigment shops dun marameng stocks!!!.If YT is really a hig-society socialite he should wear Armani,Rag & Bone,Dior Homme,Yohji and Commes des Garcons or even old Lucien Lelong(if he likes to be a drag queen with a very good taste and class).Mukha siyang basura with his shiny jackets and metallic foil shoes and jackets...I wear UNIQLO at work kasi i'm comfortable with it and other Hongkong brands like IZZUE,A+AB,5CM etc...LOL!!!I'M CHEAP but who needs lots of money if you're into substance and class,not crass and brass...hehehe

Twilight Zone said...

"Lacoste" lol, i cant wait going back home so i could get ur book, goodluck for the 3rd book and i hope i get the first 2 books when i get home.

DrJam said...

you forgot to mention the main reason why you support Gorrel's blog.He can help you sell your books.you are getting free publicity riding along with him.your blog alone will outlast his.He has this in your face style of writing. and he is not a good writer.
You have the understated style without actually getting into people's faces.Readers have to come to the conclusion who you are writing about.good luck on your blog.

sankyu said...

Hello Oriellini:

I agree with you pero di vah pahtea mekah cya so dapat yung mga brands niya mas nakakataas hindi yung mga brands na na mention na dati fah... I also used those brands pero kung talagang elitista si yoyo ang ang ma galungogng gang hindi sila babamit ng brands na yun o kaya pang bahay lang nila hindi pang pahtea

sankyu said...

oi oriellini mahal masyado armani bet kung gagastos YT for one suit which if more 100,000 yen hahahaha

Brian said...

Are you luurrrkkiinnggg here now Jam?
Locked out everywhere else mate?
I mean, talk about a confusing comment.
You need to get laid Jam!

gp said...

hey drjam,

What are you on man?

sankyu said...

who is jam??? by the way? is this some type of stereo typing from brian??? i dont get it

sankyu said...

ahh ok sorry kitty gets ko na dont publish my comment about this topic a while ago

Oriellini said...

drjam?what are you up to mate?get a life.just keep on posting here.walang papansin sayo.you'remaking your life miserable.hehehe