Friday, July 4, 2008

THE LIVING DEAD




IT MUST BE THAT TIME OF THE YEAR WHEN THE DEAD COME TO LIFE...a transition period in the middle of the year, if you will....


That is, when funerals become THE social event of the season.

AND I AIN'T TALKING ABOUT THE DEMISE OF CHIKATIME...There is a time and a place for that.

Death is merely the beginning of a new life but as we all know, gossip doesn't die. It just gets re-incarnated or worse, it's everywhere like the Holy Spirit (or pollution) but the only thing spiritual about it is the spirit of fun as Chikatime believes but the NBI does not!!
(Is that true?? NNHHOO!!)
(BTW I am SO NOT that 'Kitty" who posted a comment on Gorrell's blog about this. I use kittygo. That's news to me and that's the last thing I want for Chikatime!!)

Therefore, just because someone dies that does not mean there is no gossip among the living....

As I illustrated in my second novel Chic Happens, the living continue to kill each other with gossip (or in my case, with laughter) even during wakes and funerals.


IT JUST SO HAPPENED THAT ONE OF MY DEAREST FRIENDS EXPERIENCED A MAJOR DEATH IN HER IMMEDIATE FAMILY. Let's call them the Chan family. Kasi old chekua rich sila at matagal na- nan-Chan, get it??

AND IT ALSO JUST SO HAPPENED THAT Alicia Santos Daniels experienced a major death in her immediate family. Let's call them the ASD family (at least I didn't call them LSD!)

Both girls lost their fathers and I cannot express my condolences enough.

HOWEVER since news about death travels faster than fashion bulletins, one of my magnificent moles in Missoni could not wait till the funeral (at least the bodies are already cold!) to tell me the following. AND OF COURSE< size="1">could not wait till Monday.....
So here is the Mario J delos Reyes death scene 1: At the Chan's family wake with Kung Fu Panda personal appearance (more likely Chinese and Pinoy government officials)....
Full catering from somewhere great perhaps a hotel or Via Mare or something social PLUS china, silver and 24 hours buffet and wait staff
Steven Spielberg eath Scene 2: At the ASD family wake (they had to spend for something okay, and it would be the director since the actors and catering were......well, anyway...)
first day of the wake: catering from Rastro's but using paper plates and plastic cutlery...hey--that ain't SO bad. I eat at Rastro's and I eat on paper plates...So I can't criticize, okay...
BUT REMEMBER BOYS AND GHEYS---ASD family wake has to be sosyal because as we all know, ASD is pa-sosyal....Think X-deal with the Shangri-la!!
second day of the wake: a helper from ASD federation goes to the Chan federation with Tupperware in hand (kasi walang salakot in hand) and asks for some kare-kare.....
WWHUUUTT??? akala ko sosyal sila....
Of course I can't be one to criticize because at my dad's wake we didn't serve anything but our own food products which were not exactly Dean and Deluca. On top of that, my brother who was experimenting on donut recipes made the visitors try the donuts...(I think the yummy donuts are now available at a Mini-Stop near you!)
Ang wake, ginawang focus group----that's what happens when you run a family business, everyday is show business...
Talagang 'no animal testing...' ang mga donuts....
NOW MY QUESTION FOR THE WEEKEND TO PONDER OVER MINI STOP DONUTS AND COFFEE IS:
If the ASD camp had to borrow kare-kare at a wake like a neighbor borrows a cup of sugar, could they possibly have to borrow flowers later or worse, the kabaon??
"Hay miss--Pagkatapos niyo gamitin, pwede humiram ng kabaon??" or worse, with the hearse...
"Pwede mag-pa hitch?? Hindi dumating ang car namin..."
YAN LANG POW...and I used the dog food photo because I didn't have a photo of kare kare..you know, being a vegetarian and all.... But looks the same, right??? I forgot to put sauce....Anyway, Gordon Ramsey doesn't read this.

9 comments:

Oriellini said...

OMG!!!Kitty this post is hilarious.I can't stop laughing while my mouth was full of "puto+dinuguan".How cheap huh?!ASD is social but why borrow?I'll the donuts of Mini-stop tomorrow.Take care Kitty.thanks for the laugh!

T.J.B said...

oh my goodness graciously divine to the nth level mother superior! you are my missing gay mother! *kidding* ahluvvveeeettttt. i just started my new blog today, do drop by if yar interested, but i do have to warn you, as a part of the third sex and lower middle class, i am quite fond of shocking street words. anyhoot, ahluvyarblog. *kisses gay mother* www.mysugardaddylover.blogspot.com

MM said...

Hint Kitty PLEASE! Where is the wake??????

Is it in Ghills???? hehehe

MamaS said...

Ms Kitty, is it just me or did that that Jennie person do a Brian-Gorrell with Chikatime---complete with deadline, demand for apology, etc., etc. Parang di yata siya original...

jupiter said...

Ayan tuloy, wala nang chikatime, kung meron pa, i'm sure di nila palalampasin ang mga hirit na tulad nito sa ibang blog:

"...time to get a sponsor for a new camera! canon? sony? lumix? nikon? kodak? fuji? samsung??"

jade worldwide said...

had to laugh about the "pahiram ng kabaong". actually couple of months aqo, d' partner of my "mother-in'law" died and as the coffin was being closed for cremation asked in a very loud voice, may pagkabingi- what's going to happen next? when told cremation is about to start , said loud enough for everyone to hear, what a waste of the casket- mga dutch talaga, ilokano ng europe. To which her son said, Ma, the market for 2nd hand caskets is not yet well-developed.

your blog made my day...at least innovative ang brother mo...imagine the potentials of a captive audience in a wake. That's where companies can try out coffee blends or cakes or biscuits etc.

+YOUTHLEADER said...

totally hilarious, i can't stop giggling everytime i bumped into ASD anywhere.......

equilibrium2008 said...

haha, you never fail to make me laugh Kitty. You're really something. :)

Gosh, may sosyal bang nanghihiram. The donuts, yan palagi ang merienda ko, didn't know it is your brother's recipe. Yummy sya kaya cguro I gain weight :(

Cha said...

frankly, i dont know why people look up to these socialites. even my mom does. ako naman, i dont care, we can afford those things as well w/o getting sponsors n we work hard for our money. yummy ung donuts but i love the one with peanut butter in it. too bad i'm not in RP but i wont be able to eat it anyways coz i just discovered now that i have nut allergies. kung kelan pa tumanda naman o! this reminds me of my pa-sosyal neighbor who is stingy- gives crappy gifts but she's my family's dentist (3 of them anyways) and brings her friends to her tiny townhouse for dinners (not wanting to pay for resto) pero manghihiram pa ng ice. 3kg of ice in a convenience store doesnt cost php50. ka-cheapan dba?
to think pa na assumptionista xa. gosh!