Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A SHINING STAR

I KNOW I SAID NO POSTS UNTIL JULY BUT....

Like many great thinkers, I get my ideas in the bath. Also, maybe today seems like a holiday because there is no work --or taxis-- due of the signal 8 typhoon in HK (equal to signal 3 in Philippines--you know HK always has to have lucky numbers including typhoon signals) ....

HEINY-WAY....

I thought I had to share something with you. I was going to save it for later (ie: my book) but I'm not a particularly good saver especially with gossip. I feel it should be spread like manure, as Barbra Streisand said about money. But then since I have no money....

As I was so rudely interrupted by 'Memories.."

A lover of luxury told me that she went to a 'private sale' for a handbag line in Forbes (upper class Manila neighborhood with no running water and no mobile phone signal) for a brand..

.Give me a C. Give me an E, give me an L, give me an N, give me and A---

It ain't Chanel, okay?

BUT the line positions itself as a luxury label as the designer and owner tells all the magazines the products are featured in--Vogue US, Town and Country PILIPINS okay, etc... In fairness, it's a great product if you haven't been to SM or Balikbayan Handicrafts and many stylish people I know have not been there including people from Bergdorf's and Barney's.

HEINOUS-way, this luxury lover buys a few bags and has it delivered to HK. BUT...get this delivery method far worse than the way I delivery my books....

It ain't UPS or DHL (since we are into spelling today)....

It was for the client to PICK UP at a hotel!!!

Okay----I have a few problems with this being from a luxury label.

It's okay if you have to pick up your mother's padala tocino from Tita Mely or whoever's farm in Tagaytay, okay???

1) pick up - one NEVER EVER picks up from a luxury label unless it's on Madison or Landmark..Or if you are a VIP or buy enough, they will always deliver

2) pick up in Kowloon - I have a problem with Kowloon because it is like saying I have to go from Manhattan to New Jersey or Brooklyn (and back!)

3) pick up in Kowloon in a hotel that is NOT the Peninsula - as you know, this is the favorite hotel of that designer but guess where the pick up was??? Let's play that swimming game--Marco.Polo. Marco. Polo. Marco Polo FREEZE!!! (then in this case, the blind opens the package!)

4) Freeze talaga because that's what I do with the tocino when I get home

AND the client REALLY FROZE because get this---inside the package were her bags... one perfect and the other in a color that she DID NOT order!!! Hmmmm???

So far not so good, innit??

Well, it gets worse!

OH MY GAS...(as Chikatime would say) Oh My GAS--hindi pa sila nag- GAS-TOS for DHL...it aint THAT much!!! AND no tax in HK....


THis is Forbes to HK not even Cebu to HK...(well, I don't know...which is nearer if you swim???)

AND HERE's the clincher of the Hermes---ay Herpes--belt!!!

5) You pick up a package in a neighborhood your dog will not even know how to find his way home from in a hotel that has so many branches you don't know which one you're hanging from THEN you get the handbag of someone else

AND the luxury company tells you..."Paki deliver mo nalang, pwede???"
(and THAT delivery wasn't so easy, either, I gotta tell you that!)

Do you think Judith Leiber would do that??? Or LV?

It only happens in a GALAXY far, far away....

DAT'S EEEEET!!!








10 comments:

Jmiranda said...

Hahahahahaha!!! Oh my gas - este tiyan pala - it's aching na. Hay Kitty that is soooo funny!!!

fried-neurons said...

Tina Martistela apparently has no concept of true luxury - meaning SERVICE. Tell her to go back to Liliw, Laguna! Ay, her husband pala is from there, not her.

Pero ano ka ba, may tubig naman sa Forbes. At least more often than the tubig in Paranaque. haha

Vhong P. said...

bastos naman ni tina maristela ocampo aka CELESTINA

Gina said...

Don't they know that buyer pays for carriage anyway?
She needs to go to luxury brand management school.

The Gravelcat said...

I would have thought paying for luxury meant not having to sweat to get the goods.

My sister got barely used branded baby shoes from a Philippines eBay seller delivered by Air21 to her house, and the item plus delivery cost less than P500!

Tsk, tsk.

Pepsi said...

OOF - What a disappointment. Had high hopes after she was featured in US Vogue (last page). How cheap!

jo shiverella's mom said...

That is hilarious!... and typical. What did you expect?

Oriellini said...

She probably got her demeanor from her mom's province...MASBATE!!!she loves Masbate coz one of her bags(swag) was named after my province which is so poor not even a decent water from GRIPO installed after 25 years!!!hayyy!!!Corrupt...Maristela's have been known for being beautiful...and cheap.PERIOD

Maia said...

Have you been to Tina's store in Greenbelt 5? Calling it a "store" is an exaggeration. It was tiny! Tiny, tiny tiny! For someone selling bags well into the 5 and 6-figures, you'd think she would offer breathing space but no, sa sobrang liit ng sari-sari store niya, hindi ka makakahinga!

equilibrium2008 said...

Her Celetina's crocodile bag is way way expensive. Mas maganda pa nga yung LV na pinamana sa akin ahahaha.. Tsaka parang ordinary lang honestly yung designs nya. Like what Kitty said parang sa Balikbayan lang sya na designs.