Friday, June 27, 2008

I KNEW IT!! I KNEW IT!! Sabi ko na nga ba...


JUST AS I THOUGHT----

AS SOON AS I OPENED MY MOUTH ABOUT LUXURY DELIVERY, HERE I AM<>

In one of our latest episodes, you found me criticizing the delivery practices of a quasi-luxury goods brand spelled with a C-E-L-N-A but not quite Chanel....


BUt look at me today braving the rain in Lanvin (and Giordano--high low fashion, okay??)---having to pick up a package from a luxury goods company in America (clue: only in New York, has a drop dead BEAUOOTIFUL store but no store front) who shall remain nameless because I love their stuff, they have been nothing but great and my saleperson there is da best!! Plus I am still waiting for one more thing...


ANYWAY--we have been bouncing emails back and forth over the delivery which could not be sent to a residence bec of insurance reasons then could not be delivered to an office because of documentation, could not be received by another person other than the sendee, etc. etc...
(Since I wasn't going to get my tax money back, I refused to pay NYC tax and they offered to ship for free so how could I refuse?)


BUT deep in my heart, I always knew it would work out because this is HK>


If this was anywhere else in the world, the shipment would have been lost, stolen, eaten by monkeys, worn by a gay arms-dealing dictator, etc......


SO FINALLY--we sorted it out today and I had to do a pick-up in CENTRAL...in a nice building, not a place in KOWLOON named after a swimming game....


BUT because I was so affected by the 2 week tension, I decided to bring a knife in case a) there were no supplies to rip open my package b) the package was not there so I could use the knife to threaten the people....


SO THERE I WAS in one of the world's best neighborhoods, in one of the wealthiest areas in one of the counries in the world with the lowest crime....


AND I was carrying a knife in my purse...


IF THIS WAS MANILA--(where I would indeed need the knife or some kind of dangerous weapon) ---I would never be allowed to enter any building....


BUT THIS IS HK and I finally got my package.


THIS WAS a classy operation. Not only did they give me a private room to open my package in, this room had a view, scissors, tape, even a phone (maybe for me to call my mother), a strong desk lamp AND get this--a tiny weighing scale for gemstones which I used to weigh my hair clip just for the heck of it!

What a classy operation...But I couldn't sit there all day and talk on the phone because after half an hour they would charge you 100 HKD an hour.
SO THERE YOU GO--THIS WEEKEND'S FASHION RETAIL LESSON---
Yes, luxury goods shopper, life is fair because sometimes an overpriced clam-shelled bag really does come back to bite you in your Pilates shaped butt!
(So what? Makapal ba ako? As thick ba as shagreen???)


2 comments:

dementia said...

Did I read this right? You bought a Celestina? WTF!

sunny said...

Can't you tell us what you purchased?