Friday, June 20, 2008

THE BIRTHDAY
















Last night, as a belated celebration of my 45th birthday, I had a fantastic all-girls caviar drinks party then dinner at Spices in Repulse Bay. I also used this party as a chance to try out the new luxury food business of my friend Boots Moyer of AMBROSIA PREMIER (bmoyer@ambrosiapremier.com; +852 9850-6839).

Look at the fabulous setting of flowers, candles and Christofle silver. To make life easy in Hell's kitchen, Boots also provides the soft and yummy blinis. You would think all this effort was for some huge luau but it was only for 200 g of caviar, that black spot at the center of the photo at left. (She can also just 'sell you the tin')

BEFORE I CLOSE THIS ENTRY, I have to let the suspicious reader in you know that--UNLIKE SOME people we KNOW!--- I PAID for this service plus the caviar and all the drinks.

I bought a case of champagne thinking we would show up at drunk for dinner (where we had MORE drinks--margaritas). But nhoo...15 people drank only 4 bottles of champs and half a bottle of white wine. How little is that?

7 comments:

Oriellini said...

Geez,caviar is too expensive!!!i love the flower arrangements though.Do you updates on Mr. Kacheapan?Kitty,i saw this montrous old lady who has penchant for themed parties and costume jewelries at TATLER every month...i heard she's a Guatemalan ambassadress.she looks so cheap and her jewelries are so tacky.who is she?

equilibrium2008 said...

hahaha... I think I know some people would always want other people to pay for them. Buay Pai seh. :D

Belated Happy birthday kitty. I have asked my friend to look for your book there. Having a hard time finding it here.

Matt said...

BELATED HAPPY BDAY KITTY!

redchick said...

happy birthday kitty! good times :)

Sunshine said...

Hope you had a blast! Happy 45th birthday, Kitty.

Chinachix said...

love the setup Kitty! Here's to another 45 years of fabulousness! Is Boots Moyer married to that Time photographer (I think)...?

Blitzen624 said...

Happy birthday ms kitty... you stay in the repulse bay area? or redhill??? the view from your window looks like the latter...

Just wanted to share...Used to be a regular visitor of HK, to a former friend...staying in the same area, but we had a falling out...

I realized that all the money in the world can't buy breeding...=)